Cleveland Sheet Metal Fabrication Shop
Precision, Made in the USA, Metal Fabrication and Manufacturing
SHEET METAL FABRICATION & MANUFACTURING
Tendon Manufacturing is a full service sheet metal fabrication and general machining plant. We fabricate and machine all metals and various plastics. Tendon offers laser cutting services using one of our three turbo lasers, CNC cutting on one of our three punch presses, metal braking & forming using our press brakes that range from 50 tons to 200 tons of pressure, MIG, TIG and spot welding, contract assembly & PEM insertion, extrusions, sanding & deburring, powder coating, painting and silk screening.
Tendon can fabricate sheet metal up to ¼” thick and can machine any thickness. By having all the capabilities under one roof, we can turn prototypes or production orders around quickly. If something is needed sooner, we offer 3D printing.
• Laser Cutting – one of our three laser cutting machines can cut up to ¼” aluminum, steel, stainless steel any other metals.
• CNC Punch Press Cutting – one of our three punch press machines can cut up to 3/8” material. These machines are great for countersinks, louvers and other standard cutouts.
• CNC Machining - Tendon has six vertical machining centers each containing three axis. The machining tables are 12” x 24” x 36”. We machine any and all material.
• Extrusions – we cut, machine and powder coat extrusions.
• Sanding/Deburring - edge finishing, grinding, panel finishing, time saving and tumbling.
• Press braking/metal forming - We have five press brakes that range from 50 – 200 tonnage. Our maximum bed length is 10’ and we form up to ¼” material.
• Welding – MIG, TIG and spot welding for aluminum, steel and stainless steel.
• Assembly – installing fasteners and contract assembly work.
• Powder Coating & Painting - Tendon has two powder coat and wet spray booths along with a 3 stage washing system. We can powder any aluminum or steel part less than 4’ wide and 7’ long. The full powder coating line was upgraded in 2015. Any paint requirement can be met at Tendon.
• Etching - Tendon performs etching in our paint department.
• Silk Screening - Tendon can silk screen any color to any material that is required.
Tendon’s fabrication plant runs off of JobBoss which is a system geared toward manufacturing operations. Through this program, we have the capabilities of: seeing where jobs are in the plant, how long each job operation takes, sending notifications to inspection for new revisions or jobs for QA and can input setup & tooling notes for future production runs. Our Engineering department operates off of SolidWorks, Stryker and GibbsCAM.
We work with a variety of different metals and plastics, including: aluminum, steel, stainless steel, brass, bronze, copper, ABS, Acrylic, Delrin, HDPE, Nylon, Polycarbonate, Polypropylene, PVC, Teflon and Ultem. For fabricating, we can work with material ¼” thick or less and for machining we can work with any material thickness.
Tendon takes a “hands-on” approach to quality control by inspecting parts throughout the production process. Our operating system has notifications set up to alert our quality manager or quality supervisors when new revisions or new parts are being worked on. The first 5% of parts need to be inspected at each station in the plant before the operators can continue with production. In addition to this process, we have 3D models available for our operators to double check their work.
• ISO 9001:2015 certified
• Quality Manager with three quality supervisors; one per shift.
• Job Boss routing system with quality control measures built in.
• Employees use wedge scanner to log into each job and the first 5% of each run at each station must be inspected to ensure accuracy.
A Metal Fabrication, Machine Shop & Manufacturing Company